October 10, 2011

16 Weeks


How far along:
16 weeks
Size of baby: Avocado
Movement: Nothing yet...still waiting to feel that "flutter."
Sleep:  I got a snoogle! It's a pregnancy pillow that is c-shaped, and I must admit that it definitely does wonders to support my back.  I had heard mixed reviews on this pillow.  Women either hate it or love it.  I would say that I LOVE the support it gives my back when I'm on my side, but wish it gave more stomach support.  The other morning, I mentioned to Eric about possibly taking it back and just getting a body pillow, and he got all upset because he loves the pillow! He said that it supports his back too! lol  So, I guess the pillow is great in that it's helping both of us.  I guess it's a keeper!
Cravings:  Black bean soup & anything sweet
Queasy or sick: When I cook dinner, the smell makes me nauseous. 
Showing Yet:  Yup!
Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I am wearing my sister-in-law, Amiee's, belly band over most of my pants because they are too tight when buttoned.
Miss Anything?  SUSHI! But I ate it saturday night for the first time during pregnancy, and it tasted divine! I do miss eating raw sushi.  I also miss eating sandwiches w/ deli meat. I hate having to heat it up (I'll admit that a few times I haven't :)  I told Eric that as soon as I push this baby out, we're going to celebrate by enjoying everything I couldn't have during pregnancy.
High of the week:  I'm starting to feel better, yay!
Low of the week:  Eric and I went to the movies yesterday to see "Courageous," and the lady behind us had some STRONG perfume on, and I wanted to gag.  Her perfume probably wasn't as strong as I'm making it out to be, but since pregnancy heightens your senses, any smell is extremely strong to me.  I'm definitely not a fan of perfume or strong lotions during this time.  I had to ask my co worker if she would wear a different lotion because she sits really close to me and the lotion is just too much for me.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  I'll be honest that I'm moody, but usually only if I'm hungry or tired. :) The rest of the time, I'm happy! lol
Gender Prediction:  Well, I have been thinking girl this whole time, but for some reason this week I keep thinking it's a boy. We'll see!
Looking Forward to: October 27 at exactly 7pm when we cut that cake and find out the sex. This momma is getting VERY impatient. I need something to distract me until then. ;)

Gotta get ready for Body Pump now. So thankful for a workout I can do all throughout pregnancy!  Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. You're so stinkin' cute! You're gonna be one of those moms who only has a baby bump. I can already tell! People have said that about me too. I hope that trend continues for the next 9 weeks!

    Let me know what you decide to do about your pillow. Honestly, the Leachco Back N Belly pillow is probably one of the best investments I've made. It took a few weeks to really "break in" and the pillowcase isn't the softest, but now it's hard to sleep without it!

    I feel the EXACT SAME WAY about deli meat as you do. I heat it up, grudgingly, but every time I make a sandwich I want to forego the microwave! It's my favorite lunch, however, so I stick to it. I can't wait to have a regular sammy after the little man makes his appearance. Can't wait to hear what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my turkey sandwiches at lunch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baby bump pic!! so cute, I can't wait to meet my little niece or nephew.....I've NEVER heated up my lunch meat and had 3 healthy babies:)....So I'm sure the occasional time you didn't is just fine! love you, Eric and lil peanut and wish I could see you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete