December 19, 2011

26 Weeks & Nursery Update

I'm 26w4d pregnant and definitely starting to feel it.  Owen is growing faster now and I feel like my stomach keeps getting bigger and bigger.  My body is also starting to hurt more. Car rides are the worst b/c I get so uncomfortable and my back starts hurting.  Can't wait to see my favorite chiropractors (Ryan & Allyson Kathalynas) this weekend for an adjustment.  :)  On a brighter note, I will officially be in my 3rd trimester next week!  I can't believe how fast it has gone by!  Being pregnant in the winter is great but the one negative thing about it is that I feel SO pale.  You're not allowed to tan or get a spray tan during pregnancy, so I guess I'll just have to be okay with being very white this pregnancy.  He's worth it. ;)

Nursery Update:
Owen's nursery is finally BLUE!  I absolutely love going into his room now because the blue color just makes it feel more "real."  My dad and Eric painted Tuesday morning while I was at work, but before they were able to paint, they spent hours taping off the accent wall where the crib will be.  See the pictures below:


Eric getting the lines just right


My dad working on this tedious task

The wall with the chalk lines

Eric (aka Daddy to be) hard at work


The wall all taped off, ready to be painted blue

The next step was to paint the wall blue over the tape (it turned darker after it dried)

My dad painting the rest of the walls blue

Here it is! I absolutely LOVE it!


My glider came in!




The fabric has the alphabet on it


A huge thanks to my wonderful husband & father for all their hard work on that accent wall & making sure the lines were straight, etc.  I am very happy that the nursery is starting to come together.  I still need to order a crib, curtains, & a rug, and figure out exactly what I'm going to do on the other walls in the nursery, but I know I still have plenty of time.  January will be a fun filled month of baby showers & nursery planning. Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Jergen's has an express version of their tinted lotion that I have been using lately. It's nice because it's in the middle of self tanner and the regular tinted lotion. I use it once a week and have a pretty good boost that I can handle while not tanning. I found mine at Target in Cool Springs. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me know!! I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the most amazing nurseries i have seen...
    Visit for more information on nursery gliders

    ReplyDelete